Thursday, 21 January 2016

Do I Smell Food?!

The going joke in my family is that we only get together to eat.  I'm totally serious - we love food that much.  And it is  not uncommon for certain members to only show up to a gathering when there is the mention that food will be served.  This weekend alone, we are having a party just to try out a new fried dill pickle recipe.  That's just how we roll.

With that said, I am not a glutton - but I really am not sure I can narrow my likes down to two as suggested by The Bloggerhood Challenge.

I have a huge sweet-tooth.  I love desserts and chocolate. 

And potatoes.  I don't think I could live without potatoes... mashed potates, baked potatoes, scalloped potatoes, fries, chips... mmmmm.

I think one food that always makes me (and my children) come running is my mothers rice pudding.  Seriously, her rice pudding is the best one I have ever tasted.  She doesn't make it too often though, and that is likely a good thing because it is difficult to stop at one bowl.  Come to think of it, pretty much everything my mother makes is delicious.  Her dill pickles are to die for!

 I can't really narrow it down to another favourite food.  Can I say breakfast?  I would prefer to eat breakfast over other meals... but not at "breakfast time".  Breakfast generally occurs too early for me!


Share:

1 comment:

  1. speaking of rice pudding, it's probably time we made some :) but maybe after the fried dill pickle party this weekend. Hugs, Anonymous Mom

    ReplyDelete